Cancer is a major threat worldwide; we in India are not immune. Like the rest of the world, it continues to be the second leading cause of mortality. The number of people diagnosed with cancer was 979,786 in 2010.
Science tries to keep abreast of Infirmity. Global efforts towards research, technological advances, financial availability and concern for the afflicted, exhibit heterogeneity. The crux of the problem remains inadequate finances for developing multimodality treatment of acceptable standards and protocols.
This is what motivated a small group of professionals from different walks of life to set up the Breast Cancer Patients Benefit Foundation (BCPBF).
BCPBF is an equal opportunity support organization which comprises of well-known medical professionals, financial experts, entrepreneurs, gutsy survivors and philanthropic members of the community. Its sole purpose is to financially benefit those who cannot afford the treatment and to increase knowledge among those unaware of the disease, by reaching out to them through its programmes like ‘Knowledge at your doorstep’, awareness camps, public lectures, seminars, corporate health checks and other such events.
FROM THE CHAIRMANS DESK:
Women all over the world deserve the best hit at a killer that stalks them: breast cancer. But treatment is expensive, as are the psychological and physical effects of the deadly disease. Consequently, the majority of Indian women do not have the chance to combat breast cancer. This is where Breast Cancer Patients Benefit Foundation (BCPBF) comes in. As the future gives rise to better technology and intensified research, BCPBF wants to be the proverbial drop in the ocean of succor. Please lend us a hand to help disadvantaged women and other cancer patients who are unable to bear the financial burden of the killer disease.
Dr. Sameer Kaul
CHARTER & MISSION
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES & AIMS OF THE FOUNDATION:
- To subsidize the mammoth cost of treatment of Breast Cancer of needy and poor patients and raise funds for the same.
- To help early detection of breast cancer and to raise funds for awareness-building and advocacy campaigns aimed at encouraging both rural and urban Indian women to be at ease with discussing their bodies, so that early detection can give them a chance of complete recovery.
- To set up detection centers, hospitals, nuclear science and pathological labs and radiation/ chemotherapy centers in rural and urban areas for the treatment of breast and other cancer patients and to raise funds for the same.
- To convince pharmaceutical companies to provide drugs for breast cancer treatment at concessional rates/free of charge for poor and needy patients of all forms of cancer.
- To raise funds for at least four, fully-equipped mobile hospitals / screening vans for the northern, southern, western and eastern regions of India which will further facilitate our ongoing work of 25 years; that of conducting free cancer screening camps in the remotest areas of India and South Asia.
- To intensify public-private participation in order to achieve maximum outreach to the poorest patients of all forms of cancer across India.
Breast Cancer Patients Benefit Foundation (BCPBF) is registered under the Societies Registration Act (XXI) 1860, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Indian donations shall be exempted from Income tax under 80G of Income Tax Act 1961 as applicable.
Breast Cancer Patients Benefit Foundation (BCPBF) is registered under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act 2010, Govt. of India.
MEET THE TEAM